Drop off shoes at the following locations beginning July 15th with shoes collected in advance being delivered to The Big Feat – The World’s Largest Shoe Drive on Tuesday, August 9 through 7:00 pm.
• From now until Monday, August 8 at 94.9 KLTY studios and at KLTY events throughout the month of July. KLTY Studios is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm, and is located at 6400 Beltline Road, Suite 120, Irving, Texas 75063. For more information, go to http://www.klty.com/contactus.
• From now until August 8 at ALL 11 SHOE CARNIVAL locations in DFW during normal store hours. Plus, the generous managers at all 11 locations are offering a 30% discount for shoes purchased. Ask the store management for more information. For location and store times, visit http://www.shoecarnival.com/storelocator.
• The Shops at Willow Bend at the customer service kiosk during normal mall hours. The mall is located at 6121 West Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas 75093.
• Villages of Fairview/Allen Offices from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. The offices are located at 329 Town Place, Fairview, Texas 75069
• Luke’s Locker Dallas, 3046 Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75205 during the following hours: 10am-7pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday, 12pm-5pm Sunday.
• Dairy Queen, 1001 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas 76067. During normal restaurant hours. (Hometown of Boss Clown Taylor Albin)
• American Airlines Center at the Administrative Entrance on the north side of the arena on Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. The arena is located at 2500 Victory Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75219. There will be free parking at the Lexus Parking Garage, which is adjacent to the northeast corner of the arena at 2620 North Houston Street.
• AT&T Plaza at American Airlines Center on Monday, August 8 from 8pm to midnight and on Tuesday, August 9 from 7am to 7pm. You can either park at the Lexus Parking Garage or swing by the convenient drop-off we have set-up in front of the WFAA studios at Victory Park on the corner of Olive and Houston (3030 Olive St Dallas, TX 75219).
Celebrate The Shoe Bank and our World Record attempt!
Tuesday, August 9, 5:00pm-8:00pm
AT&T Plaza at American Airlines Center
Bring a pair of shoes and join the fun! There will be a host of fun activities for Children Of All Ages including performances by the world famous Ringling Bros.® Clown Alley, face painting, circus games and more.
An adult 18 years of age and older must be present when shoes are being donating so that they can sign-off on the donation log for the World Record.
In addition to participating in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, those attending the Tuesday evening party will receive a Certificate of Participation. In addition, a total of 1,000 free vouchers (good for any D/FW performance) will be given away, and offer is only available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last, between 5-8pm on Tuesday, August 9 at the American Airlines Center, AT&T Plaza. No rain checks will be provided. One (1) free ticket voucher will be provided per one (1) pair of NEW or LIKE NEW shoes donated, limit of four (4) vouchers per household. Vouchers valid for select ticket levels for any performance of Circus XTREME!® at the American Airlines Center between August 10th and 14th and Fort Worth Convention Center August 18th and 21st, redeemable only at the box office.
Please donate shoes prior to 7pm so that shoes can be counted and logged for Guinness World Records prior to the end of 24-hour donation cycle, which ends at 8pm.
The Big 'Feat' – The World’s Largest Shoe Drive is a great opportunity for families, scouts, churches, neighborhoods and co-workers to put their best foot forward and help the community. To learn more, please contact Amanda Robins.
• In Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME®, there are over 800 pairs of shoes and only around two shoe assistants!
•The oldest and the classic type of clown is the whiteface clown who, as the name suggests, uses white makeup to cover his face. Everything a clown does and wears is exaggerated. This is where the oversized clown shoes came into being.
• Horsehair is sometimes used to take up additional space in clown shoes.
• The size of an average clown shoe is 26EEEE!